Something about us
Mental Health - A Hidden Burning Issue
Mental Health - A Hidden Burning Issue in Indian society due to following causes.
• Popularity of Nuclear family structure in society
• Cut throat competition in every sector of life and in all age groups
• Stress due to Unlimited expectations from life in limited sources
• Lack of Adequate Dialogue between family members and friends
• Unawareness and most a times negligence regarding Mental illness
• Social Stigma and Strong Superstitious Beliefs .
Due to this, Issues regarding mental health become more crucial and in turn, patient, family members and society as a whole suffers a lot.
In India, nearly 10% of the population is suffering from various mental illnesses as per WHO reports. Moreover 14% of children between 0 - 18 are suffering from Mental illnesses. ‘THIS IS QUITE AN ALARMING SITUATION.’
What happens generally when a person suffers from Mental illness in India?
- In case of diseases like depression, anxiety, phobia, panic attacks, Schizophrenia, Psychosis, etc. person generally neglects the symptoms. That leads to strengthening the roots of disease and severe complications.
- Many a times, due to superstitious beliefs, social stigma person avoids visiting Psychiatrist and looses the chances of early detection and recovery.
- In the developing stage of the disease, patient looses self-confidence which leads to lack of concentration at work/studies, tends to be absent at work place/school, frequent repetitive mistakes, etc. which in turn, may leads to discontinuation from office/school
- Clashes between family members, relatives and friends due to lack of proper knowledge of disease which leads to increase the stress level.
- Patient may become violent or may go in severe depression which may lead him to suicidal tendency. In short, patient suffers a lot on Personal, Social, Economical and Psychological grounds.
Depression ,Anxiety ,Psychosis ,Schizophrenia
Clashes with family and friends due to unawareness of the disease
Aggressive – Verbal and Physical Suicidal Tendency
• Decreasing Concentration
• Decreasing Confidence
• Biological Factors
o Loss of Sleep
o Loss of Appetite
o Loss of Sex
• Less Communication
• Not mixing with relatives, friends and society as a whole
• Not attending Work place/School
• Interpersonal relations with other members get destroyed
• Become jobless